You who inspire me: in colour

Hello there kitty cats,

I was giving Twitter a good ol' scroll yesterday and I saw a tweet about an interview with Viola Davis (Aibileen in the help and the leading lady in the new tv show: 'How to get away with murder).
I read it, I almost cried, had a big sigh of relief and then decided to write a blogpost about it.
Because it was the most truthful thing I've read in a very long time.

Just read this
Did you read it?
If you have I don't think I need to explain anything.
The only thing that's left for me to do is thank a couple of the women that inspire me to be a better actress every single day.
Women like Viola Davis, who has been working in this industry for so many years but never got to be the main character.. And now she's the leading lady!
Hearing her talk about the struggle and the road that led up to this moment is both terrifying and inspiring. Because I didn't think about that road, I just thought about the glorious moments we get to see of her.

 found on www.Nenz.net


I somehow forgot that we live in a world that is still developing and growing.
And that there are so many boxes that no one has thought outside of, yet.
Like having a coloured person/woman as the main character.
I also didn't think about the fact that there are people out there who are already working on that. I am talking about you Shonda Rhimes!
Women like Viola Davis, Kerry Washington, Lupita Nyong'o and Gabourey Sidibe are such an inspiration for coloured women all over the world. And especially for young coloured actresses like myself.
If it weren't for them I don't think there would be hope for me to be able to do what I love, as a profession.

The beautiful Lupita

Everyone should have a rolemodel.. or 5 (I have more, I just don't want this post to escalate in some kind of ramble.. Even more then it already has)
I watch movies , series and musicals everyday (on youtube/netflix) and to see them.. It just gives me hope and a sigh of relieve that it is possible for me and every other coloured actress/artist in the world to become who she wants to be:
A coloured actress who can be more then just your stereotype black woman, both on TV and theatre. 

                                                   

Kerry Washington


I don't think this post really defines how I feel.. But I can't think of more words to explain my feelings.
So if you're reading this; Thank you! Thank you so SO much..


Kisses on your elbows,

Romy

p.s. the photographs used in this blogpost are the ones I loved on Google!



Popular Posts